At the August CGIA Membership meeting participants provided input on topics for Best Practice Forums.
Safety and Incentive Programs
- How to create a “care and concern” culture
- Convince craft it is not about statistics and that we really care
- Getting through to the craft the impact of quality on personal and process safety
- Create a Safety Forum of Craftsmen to determine how we can help get input from those impacted.
February 2016: Evonik to host Safety Best Practice Forum with focus on Behavioral Based Safety based on Keil Center research.
August 2016: Contractor to host Safety Best Practice Forum- soliciting volunteers to host the meeting
Maintenance (specifically precision maintenance)
- Advisory Board make-up (industrial maintenance advisory board).
- Disconnect between education and industry
- Need common description (mechanical, Electrical, other)
- Vo Tech feeder programs disconnected?
- Staying abreast of technology
- End user specifications; Job descriptions, skill requirements
March 2016: Convene industry and educators to clarify craft job descriptions and consistency with craft training curriculum
HR Recruitment and Retention
- Where are they?
- Connecting students and jobs; who is good, scholarships
- High school connection/outreach- YOUTH; Presentation?
- **Target Endorsed Programs- what we want/what you should do.
- Educate about trends
- Generational Learning Styles > Cam Marston?
- Hearing about resources- hearing about best practices
- Clearly articulated path (Ryan Lee)
April 2016: Contractor or owner to host forum to present and discuss a good recruitment and retention program. Soliciting volunteers to host the meeting.